Monday, October 5, 2015

Ehu! Tanto Tiempo! (August 31, 2015)

Muy buenos Días!

Didn´t I just barely write you all? I can´t believe another week has passed. They go so quickly! It has been wonderful getting to know and work with la Hermana Taborda, she’s AMAZING! And hilarious. Just awesome. You can all rest assured that Pueyrredón is in good hands with her around. She also loves music! And sings beautifully! And beatboxes. Like a champ. Add that to her spirituality (spiritual status: GIANT), and to her diligence (all the diligence), and to that she's neat and clean (HELLO clean house!) = you could say that I´m pretty stoked for this transfer. How is it that I get to have all the best companions in this world?

This Sunday we had the wonderful opportunity to have a Multi-Stake/Area Conference, broadcasted in part from Salt Lake and in part from Buenos Aires to all of Uruguay, Paraguay, and Argentina. It was opened and ended by our own leaders, individually in every stake-building. OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO AMAZING. SO much power. We heard messages from our Stake Presidents, our Area President, Walter Gonzalez, Richard J Maynes (Presidency of the seventy) Neil F Marriott (Young Women’s Presidency) and from 2 OF THE 12 APOSTLES, Quinten L Cook and Robert D Hales. It was like a dream come true. I love that they invited us to use the technology that we have been given to minister, help, and uplift, to invite to activities, and to serve one another. I´m grateful that technology gave us the chance to hear these inspired messages. Each speaker shared powerful testimony of missionary work, the observance of the Day of Rest, and temple work. Bajaron principios. They laid down the law. They exhorted us to read the conference talks and with a spirit of prayer, examine our lives and improve them. I pray that you all might obtain and grow in testimony of these things as well.

A man asked me yesterday if I think I will be truly happy following the path that I´m on. He asked me if I have investigated this and other paths, and if I´ve searched inside myself to know if it´s right for me. I have! I have searched and studied and continue to do so. More and more, every day, I feel the powerful response to his questions in my heart: The gospel of Christ is True! In it is real, lasting joy! How grateful I am for the surety and peace I feel from knowing that! As I sat in that conference, I could feel the joy that His gospel brings. Every day that I read the scriptures, pray, and share with others, I feel it again and again. Maybe the answers to our questions and prayers don´t come in an instant, but I implore you- If it is but a mere curiosity that you have concerning these things of God and life and the problems that you face, ASK. Search it out! And continue asking. Search from the best sources with patience. I know that we will receive the answers and peace we need as we ask with a sincere and willing heart.

We ALL have a place in the mansion of our Heavenly Father. He loves EACH of us. He invites all to enter into His rest. He invites us to "be still, and know that He is God". <- I love that scripture. It´s a promise, a command. He doesn’t say: "you can be still". Or "you should be still." BE still and know. The way that he says that is a promise in itself. We can confide in him. He is sure of that, and he is sure of our ability to be still and to know. Let yourself believe! Many people are scared to do that- trust me, I understand! Let the seed of the desire that it´s true enter into your heart, let it grow by meditating and searching more. you will then know if it´s something good or not!

This week we have found a few of the investigators and members that we have been looking for for a long time! It was wonderful to be able to talk to them again (or in a few cases, to get to know them)! It's crazy how God puts us in the right place at the right time. Last night we passed by for a family and ended up teaching them for longer than we thought we were going to be able to (awesome!!!!) We felt we needed to stay, and I´m so glad that we did. I was worried at first because we were going to miss a little visit that we had planned for a few less active members. In the exact moment that we got to the house of these members, they too got there! They had been taking care of their grandma. If we would have arrived earlier, we wouldn’t have been able to find them. I was so relieved that it turned out well!!! It´s another fulfilling of the words of my Grandma G- "If it´s not alright, it´s not the end, because with God, in the end, everything will be alright." That’s true on a large scale and sometimes in our weeks too. Our crazy week had a happy ending. sorry that I couldn´t share more experiences with you this week- ONE DAY you will hear all of them and be completely sick of them ;)

Thank you so much for all the prayers and help that you all give! I hope you have a wonderful wonderful week!!! Read the scriptures, pray in your families, have fun together in your fam. (and eat some carrot cake for me if you find some...)

Love you!

Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment