Monday, March 23, 2015

Buen Dia de Bahía Blanca! (March 9, 2015)

Buen Dia de Bahía Blanca! No, I have not seen transfers, I´m still serving in Trenque, but I have had the grand opportunity to take a 6 hour bus ride to Bahía to look for my next companion Hermana Marple and head on back! :) It gives me lots of time to study my scriptures and write in my journal, and it´s wonderful to see the other hermanas in the mission, but it´s hard to sit still for so long without going out and looking for people to teach.

My dear companion Hermana Mercado has died (missionary vocab for finished her mission). It was so great to serve with her for 3 months! I was seriously overjoyed to hear that I´m going to spend the next 6 weeks in Trenque Lauquen- it means I´ll be in this dear area for at least 6 months! :) I´m so glad! There´s a lot of work to do here and I want to do it with all my heart.

Congrats to Zack and Lacey who are going to be married this week!!! Ahh! I can hardly believe it!!!! (I´ve written you a letter and I hope it gets there soon!!!) It´s weird to think of the world moving on out there, cause it feels like I just got here! And congrats to Lee and Kaylie and Kiara and Reese who are expecting a new member of their family in October! I´m going to have so many new people to get to know when I get home and I couldn´t be happier! :D Love you all!

This week we saw lots of success here in little Trenque Lau. There REALLY ARE people who are waiting to hear this message- people who have confusion and who need comfort and who want to find the true church of Christ. Please share your testimonies frequently. It will strengthen your own and fortify those around you! You never know what a little truth can do to comfort another person. Something as simple as "I´m glad that I got to go to church on Sunday" or, something even smaller. There´s a lot of people in this world who think we´re super weird until they get to know us haha okay!? So you´ve got to be open about what you believe, be yourself! People want to learn and are generally afraid to ask. You´re not going to lose anything. Ask your friendly neighborhood missionaries for advice in sharing your testimony if you need it ;) We met a man this week who even told us "hey, I thought ya´ll were pretty weird bugs, but we believe a lot of the same things, yeah, I´ll for sure read this pamphlet"(wow, it´s weird in English...). And it all started cause this man heard that we were talking about religion with one of his friends, and wanted to hear more. Just normal, easy conversations can lead to someone finding a whole lot of joy. 

Fast cultural note- the majority of the people here in tre lau work in the milk factory, or in the fields.

Love you all!

Hermana Hill




No comments:

Post a Comment