Monday, November 17, 2014

TRENQUE LAUNQUEN (November 3, 2014)

Hola familia y amigos!!!!!

Can´t even hardly begin to believe it- I´ve been transferred from my first and beloved area of Villa Mitre and am now in the area of Trenque Launquen! haha yes, that is a name. Tran-kay Lawn-ken. It´s the name of a city, AND a perfect yodeling name if you ask me. Just say that a couple times like a Swedish chef. Don’t you just love it!?

Man, I don´t even know where to start. Leaving your first area is HARD (so I´ve heard, and so I testify.). It ripped my heart out to say goodbye to the ward members and investigators of Bahía. I´m more than lucky, very blessed, to know that I can see them again at the end of my mission! That area is really close to the office of my mission, and so when I finish, there’s no way that I can stop myself from running to my area to give those people another goodbye. Yeah, that´s like, one of the only reasons that I’m getting by right now, cause dang, I just love those people so much. I hope and know with all my heart that they will be just fine and more than fine just great! Oh the testimonies that they left me! I wish you all could have heard them! Hector is sharing the gospel with everyone he knows and this past Sunday received the priesthood :) There´s not much that makes a missionary happier than that folks. Antonia made me cry. Cristian told me with all the confidence and surety of his  11 year old self: "Gracias por todo.". Maria gave me a bracelet and told me "Nos Vemos, esta no es adios." And told me that I will always have my Argentine grandma. Man I wish I could mention every one of these people that I love so much. I just am so so grateful for the time that I had with them. Any time with them would have been a blessing. I couldn´t ask for more. I´m just so grateful to have gotten to serve them. And man, if I feel like this right now, after 4 months in my mission, how am I going to feel when I finish it? I´m warning you all right now, I might come home without a heart. It´ll just be easier to throw it into the Atlantic.
Trenque Launquen is beautiful! There are SO many trees! In the center of every street is an island of grass and trees. We live in an apartment building that is super clean and super white. I´m in a Trio! I still don´t know one of my companions but I love my other, Hna Boyce already :) She’s from Utah too, and I´m pretty sure that our other that is coming is from Peru! woo! I´m so excited to get to serve these people! I´m going to work with all my heart to leave this place better than how I found it (which is already so great) and I´m going to give it my all to leave here with no regrets and the same feeling of love that I had when I left Bahía, if not more. (Yep, so basically I´m working towards leaving here completely dead. it´s all or nothing folks.) ;) 

I´m so grateful for the blessing and opportunity that I have to be here in Argentina and to serve a full time mission. There was a part of President Uchtdorf´s talk in the Women’s conference that I really love and have been thinking about lately (thanks mom for sending me all those talks in English!). He described blessings and miracles like this (these aren´t his words, and please look up the talk so that you don´t have to rely on my butchered version): God is ALWAYS sending us blessings and knowledge and inspiration and all of the things that he wants us to have. They are like a rain shower pouring down upon us. Why then, do we sometimes feel like we´re not getting any of them? Like we don´t understand? Like we don't have miracles? Because our umbrellas of doubt, sin, and fear are keeping them from us. Oh how I pray that we can open our hearts and close our spiritual umbrellas!  Learn, seek ye the best books and the best spiritual gifts to open your lives to receive these blessings that you NEED. Do those things that he has commanded of you. They’re for your protection and benefit!  They’re beautiful. Don´t go without the Sacrament- I have understood more and more than ever that we need the opportunity to renew our covenants and promise to make more every week. Prepare yourselves for it! Study these things, I promise you with all my heart and might that you will see blessings in your lives! Things are hard to understand.  Desire to understand, seek, act, ye SHALL find!

I love you all so so much! May the Lord bless you and keep you this week and that you have much success! Cuidasen mucho!

Les Quiero!

Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment