Monday, November 17, 2014

Corre Forest! Corre!

Hola Familia!!!!

First off, SO sorry that many of ya´ll haven´t been getting this email. The other computer that I was using had issues.... hopefully it works this time! 

It´s been another lovely week in Trenque Lauquen (which, by the way, means "sweet-water lake" in the language of the natives that lived here WAY back. Who knows if it actually does, but, urban leggend says so, gotta be true, right?). It´s been RIDICULOUSLY HOT. Like, we´re hitting 90s and 100s and its still spring... I mean, technically, November here is the May of my summer, so it´s normal. But with humidity, it´s like death out here. 

WHICH, brings me to a couple of miracles I wanted to talk about! We Misioneras are always looking for three things- people to teach, water, and bathrooms. Sometimes, we get lucky and find all three! One of these times was when we found Daniela. Hermana Boyce needed the bathroom, so we were patiently looking for the homes of members. But NOONE was home. Worst nightmare. So, we went knocking doors to find someone. The first door we knocked was Daniela´s. At first, she told us that she didn´t have time, so we asked her if we could just use her bathroom, she conceded, and let us pass. The other two of us talked to her while the other was occupying the bathroom. And it went SO well. She began to cry as we told her about the hope that comes from Christ and his help. Daniela has depression, and it´s SO hard for her to feel like she can have hope. But she told us that she wants to go to church with us and learn from us on those days that she feels good, "because this seems like what she´s been looking for". The spirit was so strong and my heart was and is full of love for her. I know it was a miracle that we found her that day, and I´m really excited to visit her more and hopefully help her and her family. It was a miracle that in that moment exactly, none of the members opened their doors, but she, the first one did. Even if that wasn’t, I´m grateful for the heat that led to thirst that led to a need for a bathroom that led to a great lesson. :) The same thing happened last night too! I can tell right now that summer is going to be full of miracles like these ones. haha at least, I sure hope so! 

Well, I´m out of time for now, but I sure love you guys! I hope all is well with you and that you´re learning and growing and doing great things. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for any of you, even from this far away :) God be with you and protect you!

Que estén muy bien! Les amo!

Hermana Hill


Pictures- yes, that IS mayonnaise. And tuna. And rice. in a tomato.
The lovely little theater of Trenque Lauquen.
And a selfie I had to take when my sweet companions didn´t feel good and were asleep. We´ve all got colds with the change of the weather... but It´s all good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment