Monday, November 17, 2014

"I can make bread-what-what" (November 10, 2014)

Hola familia y amigos!

To explain the subject line (might as well start there jaja)- here in good old Trenque Lauquen, the youth have a tradition of going every Sunday night to the house of Gillé to make argentine pancakes :D  They’re crepes with dulce de leche! Talk about delicious! It´s just great. And it´s really fun to hang out with the cool kids! It´s awesome that they do things together cause they want to :) Keeps them out of trouble and keeps the branch together! Anyway, making a joke about English, Gallito said "Puedo hacer pancakes"  (panqueques) que=what and pan=bread in Spanish, so, being the happenin kid that he is, translated it to "I can make bread-what-what". The room of kids moaned at the terrible joke, but I thought it was hilarious... so there you have it! Bread what what.

I love Trenque Lauquen :) My companions, Hermana Burgos and Hermana Boyce are jems. I can´t imagine being here without the both of them. Knowing that any one of us could get transferred at any time is a little sad, cause we balance each other out and I have learned a ton from each of them. Hermana Burgos is from Peru :) It´s great to get to learn Spanish from her! It keeps me from falling in to speaking English during those moments when we´re not talking to people on the streets. That has helped me a ton! I´m going to make it a habit so that whoever I´m with, I can keep learning tons of Spanish. Like I’ve said before, if I want 100% of blessings, I´ve got to put in 100% effort.  "What isn´t part of due process won’t be part of due product"-Presidente Pareño. Hermana Burgos has taught me a lot more than just Spanish though. She´s very loving and humble and relates the scriptures to the lives of the people around her like a boss. I hope I can learn to do that better! Hermana Boyce is from Holiday Utah, and she too, has taught me a ton. She´s a great cook, and loves a clean floor (so I sweep a lot, a happy companion is a happy companionship).  My mom would be so proud! Mom, I don´t leave dishes in the sink (I can just see you now, not believing me or thinking it´s a miracle. yeah... it IS a miracle). Hermana Boyce is super strong. She doesn’t take no for an answer. Not only that though, a car literally ran over her foot, and she walked around for like 3 hours before asking us to go back to the house to ice it. What?! Yeah, sometimes her strength is pretty freaky.

To close, I want to talk about patience. It is CRAZY important, and it´s something I really want to be better at. When you don´t think you have enough faith or knowledge or blessings or whatever, have patience. Pray for it- it´s a hard thing to have sometimes. But I know that practicing patience will definitely bless your lives!

Search the scriptures, seek ye the best books, pray, go to church :) Sorry that this wasn´t really the most spiritual of letters, I´ll work on that... ;) Love you all tons and tons and tons! I hope that all is well with you! Write you more soon. Have a wonderful week!

Besitos!


Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment