Monday, January 26, 2015

Brenda Yasmin Altamiranda


Hola Familia y Amigos!!!

GUESS WHAT!? I´m staying in Trenque Lauquen and will have the grand opportunity of killing my dear companion Hermana Mercado! We´re staying together baby! This means, I should be in Tre Lau for at least 1 if not 2 more transfers, and I´ve officially had a companion for more than 1 transfer. Which is a relief, cause 6 companions in 6 months, not that it´s not SUPER fun, but it´ll be good to keep going with the energy that we already have together. And I´m still learning lots, and we´re finding new success every day. Así que, Hermana Hill is here to stay for a bit at least.

I REALLY have to tell you all about the miracle of this week, (and the transfer), Brenda. This chicatine is amazing. In early December, in splits with the Sister Training Leaders, we contacted Brenda and her mom in the street. Brenda, with excitement told us that she had gone to church a LOT before with a member that lives nearby. Her mom didn't seem to excited about us passing by, so we kinda put the family in the back of our minds. This week, I don´t know what happened, but as our leaders more encouraged us to find people to be baptized, this family came to my mind, and I knew that we had to contact them. On Tuesday of this week, we contacted them with the invitation to be baptized. Angelica, the mom, told us that none of her children are baptized and that they would love to hear the message we bring and be baptized. (Already awesome, right?!) They told us that Brenda had been to church many times, like for more than 5 months, and, in the words of the mom, if this eleven year old wanted to be baptized even this Saturday she would permit it. (WHAT!?) And excitedly, Brenda accepted to hear a little more and prepare to be baptized this Saturday. I have to admit, when they accepted, I was only halfheartedly excited. With my little faith, I thought, "okay, we´ll see how it goes..." instead of "Woo!!! Let´s go!!! We can do this!!!" I’m repenting for that.

(Sorry if there are a lot of random typos in this letter, there’s a little girl playing with my keyboard right now... and I don´t have time to stop typing... She´s also playing with my hair... I don’t know who she is, but it´s sure nice to have some help writing my letter! haha) anyway... (her name is Mili).

Where was I, oh yes! We went by to teach them the first lesson, and the whole family listened to us and want to be baptized. (Already more than a miracle) They came to the Family Night that we had for our ward, and loved it! And the next day, we taught to Brenda everything that she didn´t remember from the times she went to church. And the elders interviewed her, and that very night, Brenda Yasmin Altamiranda was baptized :) I left out a lot of details for the sake of time, but I´m so grateful to have gotten to get to know this spunky 11 year old! She´s VERY smart and extremely loving. In the family night, although there were many other kids running and playing, she stayed by her blind mothers side and helped her. There are so many things that I learned from this experience, but I KNOW that there are people prepared here in Trenque Lauquen. There are even people that have testimonies of the church and just haven´t been baptized because nobody´s invited them, or their relatives don´t support them- but miracles are happening, and the ways are being prepared for every person to make the covenant of baptism with our Heavenly Father. I know that this work is guided by Him, and that by listening, miracles are promised, not just thought of. I´m so grateful to be able to be here and grow so much in my testimony of the light of His love!

Love you all tons! Hope that you have a wonderful week and remember the importance of the scriptures and going to church. There are more than 10 commandments, and in keeping them, we WILL receive the blessings of heaven. Talk to you soon!!! Take care of yourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment